Thursday, May 22, 2008

Had a hearty and wholesome breakfast before heading to the exam war zone. At first, I wanted to have my breakfast at Pizza Uno, too bad they weren't ready to serve yet, so decided to opt for Black Canyon Cafe instead. I must admit Black Canyon Cafe had changed a lot not only on the menu selection but on their services as well (or maybe just because there were very few customers that morning?!) ^.^ The starves were actually very patient to recommend some breakfast menu and came to ask twice if the food served was alright.

The Black Canyon Cafe has a lot of creative fusion food to choose from Spaghetti Tom Yum to Fried Udon in Thai Style. Since it was still early and not so good to stuff myself with heavy meal before exam, I decided to order their breakfast set which consist of tea and egg mayo & tuna sandwich...



The tea comes with a small plate of mini alphanumeric biscuits which reminded me I used to had this cute lil biscuits with a mini cup of milo during my kindergarten. Those were the days....



One thing about the sandwich was that they should have chilled the sandwich before serving... Sandwich tastes better in chilled.



Tom Yum Fussili, I actually like their Tom Yum soup, not so spicy and the sourness is just fine.



Fettuccine in chicken ham sauce. The carbonara sauce is a bit too thick for my liking...


Head straight to Iverson for exam after having breakfast, the test was pretty easy and predictable though. Then decided to drop by Seremban to handle some stuff and went to Melaka for food!

I first stopped to try both Nyonya laksa and Baba laksa at the famous laksa eatery located at the Jonker street. The Nyonya laksa is similar to the Asam laksa we normally had but with an extra boiled egg. The Baba laksa on the other hand taste like curry laksa with Tuna replacing the chicken / seafood. The Baba chendol is refreshing after walking all the way to the Jonker street from the parking space under the hot sun. ^.^


Bought some very cute cartoon magnets along the way at Jonker street....



Proceeded to the new mall in Melaka - Dataran Pahlawan after I couldn't stand the sweaty hot weather anymore. The mall only has 2 floors but nonetheless has a wide selection of shops including the Padini Concept stores, Esprit, Mango, Quicksilver etc. I bought a pair of heels and a T-shirt while killing time in the mall.



A trip to Melaka ain't complete without eating the famous satay celup. I had tried some of the recommended satay celup eateries including Capitol (well known where lots of celebrities eaten here before but personally i think their satay celup is overrated), Ban Lee Xiang (has 2 joined shops and mostly full house during weekend, the satay celup taste just alright) and the newly opened Teochew satay celup. The Teochew satay celup is opened just next to Ban Lee Xiang but with a cleaner and nicer deco. Their satay celup selection is more or less the same as Ban Lee Xiang. For all the satay celup I had in Melaka, I like the road-side satay celup stall the most. Not only does its satay sauce has the riches peanuts flavour but it is also the cheapest satay celup I had so far selling 40cent each for ALL food sticks! However, this is a road-side stall, so for those who put hygienic as their top priority on food then they better opt for the shops.



Since I have an early appointment the next morning, I head back straight to KL after having satay celup. It's a satisfied trip even though I didn't manage to eat the road-side stall satay celup . I wonder if I can ever get tired of Melaka - the city of historic and full of nice food. I'll be back!

1 comment:

nätc said...

tom yum fussili looks delicious!!! *drooooooolz*