Friday, July 27, 2007

blood(y) donation

Yesterday, I went for the blood donation campaign organized by Hospital UM and Lion Club. Counters and resting arm chairs are set up for the blood donation campaign. Never knew so many of my company staves are actually enthusiastic on this charity event though. There was even a line for the registration =_="

I was asking lim beh Sim and Ronnie if they wanna join me for blood donation. Both of them bloody chicken out!! One tell me all sorts of ridiculous crap reasons another telling me he's hungry, afraid might faint later.... freaking no balls!!

And so, I went for blood donation all by myself... shaking, trembling...registered myself at the counter. The doctor got my registration form and asked me to stand on the weighing machine; I can't believe I just gained another 2 freaking kgs AGAIN!! So gonna kill myself... =_="

The assistant then test my blood to see which type of blood am I, the next thing I know I was brought to the resting arm chair ( looks more like an electric chair), tight my arm, insert (stab!!) the needle on my arm and start squeezing my blood out of me.... =_="

The nurse asked me if this was my first time to donate blood as I looked horrified by the whole thing. I keep biting my finger to wish this would be over by the next second! But it won’t!! Because I was so freaking tense, my blood wouldn't come out... the nurse then pressed on my vein to my make sure my blood squeezed out!

After the traumatized nightmare ended, I was given a gift bag consisting some energy drink, fruit, voucher etc. I wonder if I will do this again.... o_O

Here are the pics:

Collaboration with Lion Club Malaysia and Hospital UM







Gift bag to compensate my blood loss =p


aftermath...




bloody hole...




3 comments:

cheething said...

so bad u, say ppl no balls. haha... "Aftermath"?? sai em sai ar... haha.

Anyway, it was a good deed :)

nic said...

my first time eh... =p

ronnie said...

Donating blood does not need guts or to make it into another episode of fear factor. If you really prepared to donate blood, just go to the nearest hospital and do it. What is the point of hebohing the whole thing just to tell other people "Oh look, i am so brave, so kind, so...etc I just donate blood." If you really wants to prove your guts, lets visit the extreme park in Sunway Lagoon. Who dare not or skip a single ride pay the entrance for both, how about that?